I guess everyone has those recipes they would like to make, but are frightened to do so. Because they seem too difficult, too ‘exotic’, what not. For me, harissa is one of those recipes. Each time I looked it up, I got intimidated and decided to keep it on my ‘to cook-list’ for a little bit longer.
But then I got invited on a press-day of Dille & Kamille, for their 40th birthday. And what did we get to prepare? You guessed it, harissa. And as it turns out, I was completely startled for no reason. This recipe is easy to make and delicious.
About Dille & Kamille
Everything you need for your home, garden and kitchen. Essential basics or things you just really want – to treat yourself or to give away as a present.
- 1 teaspoon cuminseed
- 2 teaspoon corianderseed
- 5 red chili peppers, cut in small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- fresh mint & coriander
- salt & pepper
- Toast the cuminseed and the corianderseed until they start to scent.
- Crush them in a mortar.
- Add the garlic and a little salt and mix everything together.
- Add the redd peppers and mix till you get a paste.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, rose water and lemon juice.
- Add some cut mint and coriander.
- Taste and add some more of the latter ingredients if wanted.